Saturday 10 March 2012

"enjoy the journey"




I have 2 projects I'm working on at the moment, that, now looking at them in an editing stage, deal with the journey and process in which time inhabits their overall existence.

Initially, whilst I was creating the work there was a moment of desperately wanting to keep the objects that I could see in front of me. These things had manifested from drawings that I had then worked to create 3-Dimensionally inputting a lot of time and love into them. The idea of degradation was to then change them into a state of ugliness but also expiration. One of the technicians I worked with, John Deveruex, showed me this video above of David Mach's work.

These words from Mach stuck with me and made me look at the entire project as the real piece of work rather than the objects themselves. The start, middle and end is the true artwork.

"It's a real ferocious act of creation, there's nothing destructive"

No comments:

Post a Comment